On 2016-02-28 16:24, Dariusz Jemielniak wrote:
On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <pute...@mccme.ru>
wrote:

A direct consequence would be that one should think again whether San
Francisco is the best location for the WMF office, rather than a place
better known for culture and education and less for proximity to Silicon
Valley. Boston was named in the same discussion.

If we were choosing a location from the scratch - definitely. As it is now, I think that relocating would involve really huge intangible costs for our staff, and our staff is our unique asset. I would be cautious to rush any
changes in this respect.

dj

The relocation does not have to happen overnight. It can easily take several years (which is likely longer than the average time a WMF employee spends in the organization). But I think discussing this as a strategical direction would be beneficial for the movement. The topic was raised several times in the past, and I did not get the impression that there was any willingness to discuss it from the Board / WMF. (I might be wrong though, and pointing out to such discussions will be appreciated).

Cheers
Yaroslav