Brion,

Thanks. Our mails crossed, and this answers some of the questions I had.
Please be assured that I wasn't expecting you to "defend" anything – I'm
merely curious.

Regardless, I think the issues Lila summarised in her mail last month[1],
when we were discussing charging for API usage, bear thinking about.

Best,
Andreas

[1]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2016-January/081155.html