I am fundamentally dismayed to read the response that this is not a discussion.
I am baffled. Shutting down discussion is rule #1 in NOT fostering community.

To create a one-way flow of communication with parties engaged enough to take
the time to actively discuss concerns is a non-ideal approach to engagement on
any level.

I haven't heard anything untoward in this discussion. Except the dismissive

If this was a for-profit organization this response might be more
understandable but as Wikimedia is most definitely NOT this approach seems a
real misstep.

- Erika