Pine, thanks for your reply, but Legal will not do anything like this
unless they are instructed by management.  That is why I directed my
question to the board and management.

I've asked at Jimbo's talk page (bad timing, archived over the holidays,
will repost) and at Katherine's WP talk page.

Am very interested to hear from the board and/or WMF management on this.

Jytdog