I think it would be nice for a more direct input from the WMF over those
not following the Terms of use.

I see some potential pitfalls, even in chasing companies that charge for
content;

   - would this draw WMF into a legal editorial position
   - would it drive them to further hide their activities
   - what would damage would be done if a court says its ok for a
   company/individual to control its image even on Wikipedia. we already deal
   with the EUs right to vanish

sometimes its better to not open the can.  I think a lot more discussion
over the implications and impact is needed unfortunately some of that can
only be behind closed doors it going to need community trust(something I
think isnt all there at the moment),  before asking the WMF legal to pick a
fight with anyone.

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia