Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 3:59 AM, Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found some of the audit's recommendations troubling, and have summarised
> my concerns on the related talk page on Meta.[3]

​I would love to find some time to go over the audit (67 pages) and your
comments/thoughts and share mine. However, given that this will require
substantial amount of time, I'm wondering if you or anyone else has a good
sense of areas that Wikimedia Foundation has decided to change its best
practices based on the audit notes. I'm assuming that receiving
recommendations for change doesn't mean that all recommendations are going
to go into effect, the teams usually spend a lot of care in implementing
changes considering the mission and their field knowledge of our Movement.
:) If we know which parts of the report Communications team has decided to
act on, then we won't spend our time on things that we already agree on. :)

I'm also wondering: Given that a Chief Communications Officer is to be
hired whether it's more productive to delay spending more time on this kind
of document until after this person is in office and we know more what
their vision/direction is.

(and as you may know by now: I have not followed discussions on this topic
before, my apologies if this is already addressed as part of the previous
conversations.)

Best,
Leila

​p.s. and you know this but for others: I'm in Research at Wikimedia
Foundation. I'm interested in this topic as communications is key for
surfacing the work I do as part of my responsibilities. I'm not talking on
behalf of Wikimedia Foundation or Communications team.​ :)