On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 at 22:43, Chris Sherlock <chris.sherloc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have been advised by the WMF that if anyone is concerned about being
> sexually harassed they must report this to AN/I and there are no private
> mechanisms to report this sort of thing.
>
> Is this for real?

Assuming you've contacted Trust&Safety, "falls outside of the Foundation's
remit" is a standard answer to receive as a regular editor.

Bringing the issue to ANI it will most likely be ignored. If your issue is
with a long-term / established editor it has a significant chance to
boomerang <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wp:BOOMERANG>.

Sadly, this is for real and somewhat the reason behind the UCoC proposal.
Whether that will change this is another question.

Aron