Well, I don't know the fact directly but the standard procedure is to
discuss it with a local administrator on the relevant talk page or notice
board. So, Vermont is correct.

The T&S does not usually take action in cases that can generally be handled
by the local community. Thus, responses such as "falls outside the
Foundation's remit" isn't bad in such cases.

Regards.

Isaac