Thank you, Nat and all, for the clarity.  I appreciate that the resolution
directly addresses work to be taken on by a future Global Council, and ways
to start delegating that work.  A complementary change that we've needed
for some time is a community process for mediating conflict resolution
across the movement.  The first test could be resolving conflicts around
the charter:
  a) aligning the expectations and concerns of all parties
  b) sorting out how to iterate on a charter, and to explore an interim
Council   [before ... *(checks notes)* ... 2027]

A Charter and Council are not only among our 2030 goals, they are a
prerequisite for many more.  We should not delay.  It's good to see
foundation-led progress on the delegation front; let's also use the
momentum from this vote to progress on the other fronts.

Maciej wrote:
> *When we asked for the Board to accelerate their process so we could save
the community *
> *from going through the costly process that would bring no fruit, we were
ignored.*

I thought this sounded plausible at first, to conserve time and energy.
But it was pointed out that most of the cost was in the leadup to the vote;
the process was defined by the MCDC, so revising the timeline wasn't the
board's call; and by the time of the SWAN meetings many participants were
looking forward to voting and wanted that to continue regardless.

The charter is certainly mature enough for a widely broadcast and
translated public vote.  Without that, we had only the input of WMF
liaisons, the affiliates and staff who showed up to this year's WM Summit,
and the few hundred who found their way to Meta to weigh in.

–Sam.