The MC has been a very long process, I think in some ways it was tiring and
draining the community with slow progress.  While I was disappointed in how
the last few weeks have played out I'm not entirely sure that was going to
ever achieve what was envisaged when we started.  This is not the first
plan that I have seen over the last 19-20 years where too much time spent
trying to make everything all things to all people rather than just getting
small steps done quicker, though I'm sure somewhere in there time was lost
due Covid too.

I feel for the people over the last 6 years that have acted in good faith
working on getting us to this point.  I welcome the Boards decision to
continue the process but in smaller pieces.  As someone who has been around
so long I recognise that so many people have come and gone over the years,
priorities do change, combined with so many new perspectives, ideas, and
thoughts on how to do something different.

Just looking at the community now there have been so many changes, greater
diversity, efforts to bring previously unheard voices into the room. When
we sat in Berlin starting the strategy process all the Chapter Presidents
were men, and there were no Usergroups, just chapters and one thematic
organisation.  In our meeting we took a vote to make a conscious effort to
ensure that there would be more Women in the room from then on.  We are so
much more now than we have ever been, the movement has changed for the
better it will keep changing.   Once the dust settles we will learn from
this, Wikimedians are always at the cutting edge of doing what has been
said to be impossible. We dont need to right every time, we just need to
keep going.

On Fri, 12 Jul 2024 at 18:50, <denisobart...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much, Maciej, for expressing my thoughts and feelings so
> clear. This is a sad day. There never was a process so extensively executed
> with all stakeholders, so much effort, so much hope for a redesign of the
> powers in the movement, so much work and energy and self-sacrifice
> beautifully put in the process. So many community members put their hopes
> in it.
> All the work of years now drowned in a meager and cold letter of corporate
> vagueness, cementing the status quo for years to come. And after that move
> of shattering hopes even daring to ask for "input/feedback", of those who
> just have been disappointed....
> "What's next?" you ask? Board Elections are next. Have fun.

Boodarwun
Gnangarra
'ngany dabakarn koorliny arn boodjera dardon nlangan Nyungar koortabodjar'