*sigh* I'm hoping that the public library isn't too strict about use of their community spaces, but unfortunately this is what they say about it:

"Permission to use the Library’s Community Rooms or Electronic Classroom will be granted to Berkeley-based civic, cultural, educational organizations or businesses, or to locally-operating government agencies, departments or commissions. Organizations not located in Berkeley may be required to provide proof of regular operation or programs within Berkeley such as brochures, newsletters or website printouts."

That seems awfully restrictive to me, but maybe we can get around it.

One of the problems of meeting on campus is that they don't have easy guest access to their wifi network -- someone with certain stature has to request individual guest passwords that are valid for 24 hours.

These are some of the reasons why I've been hoping for an independent hacker space.

kc