Sarah -
No problem with making it broader. Oakland seems to have a wiki presence (which I can't speak to) with a few hacker spaces downtown [2], so I'd like to have some meetings in Berkeley. But if we can figure out a way to combine our efforts, that would be great. I truly don't think that we should "wiki" only within our city boundaries!

I actually was thinking that we could pick some topics, and then meet in a place related to that topic. So, for the history of Berkeley it would make sense to meet at the Berkeley library, which has the historical archives. For history relating to the campus (like the Free Speech Movement) we might want to meet on campus.

Oakland has its own Oakland wiki [1]. I attended the Alameda county data hackathon in Berkeley recently, at Berkeley High School, and it would be interesting to try to incorporate some of the county data in Wikipedia - meeting in downtown Oakland would seem appropriate for that.

Somehow I think that being "on the spot" is inspirational. But I'm open to any ideas that get people together and help them work on Wikipedia.

kc
[1] http://oaklandwiki.org/
[2] like https://sudoroom.org/