I second that. I eventually joined WMUK... but I have left several other
registered charities (who charge around £25 a year). These days, a
membership fee of £5 for a charity seems about right. At the Lansbury
Gardeners AGM today we increased the subscription from £1 to £5 per annum.

My CAMRA subscription is due next month. But I actually SAVE MONEY my
being a CAMRA member! That is the with the £20's worth of Wetherspoons
(50p) vouchers and (most) real ale pints at The Golden Grove in
Stratford in East London for £1.40 a pint (rather than £2.10).

But my WMUK membership does make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, of
course...

Gordo

P.S. Attendance at London Wikimeets also costs (travel, refreshments)!

On 08/07/2011 17:52, Chris McKenna wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2011, Michael Peel wrote:
>> although I would hope that everyone subscribed to this list would be
>> interested in joining WMUK (and if you're not already a member, I'd love to
>> hear why not...).
> Money. Having been unemployed for several years and now a student, money
> is not something I have in abundance.
>
> Chris
>
> ----
> Chris McKenna
>
> cmcke...@sucs.org
> www.sucs.org/~cmckenna
>

> The essential things in life are seen not with the eyes,
> but with the heart
>
> Antoine de Saint Exupery

Gordon Joly
gordon.j...@pobox.com