On 7 June 2012 16:33, Michael Peel <michael.p...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
> Bear in mind that the request here is for the 3 coolest projects, and that
> the audience is going to be Wikimania attendees (i.e. mostly Wikimedians),
> presumably with the hope of getting them to do similar projects in their
> countries. So as cool as things like direct debits are, I don't think they'll
> particularly enthuse a room full of Wikimedians to do something similar
> elsewhere... (but I could well be wrong).

I'd like other Wikimedians to replicate our success with recurring
donations. At the very least, it would be good to get people thinking
about a financial model that doesn't rely on 2 months of frantic
fundraising each year.

> P.S. does anyone 'lead the movement'? ;-) I think Jon meant 'Leading the
> public relations during ...'

We led the movement in the public relations effort. "Leadership" means
more than "being in charge". WMUK can, and should, take a position of
leadership in the movement, even though we aren't in charge of anyone
else.