Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Petr Kadlec <petr.kad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> page_title does not contains the full title, only its
>> namespace-relative part. You need to use
>> select page_namespace, page_title from wikidb.page
>> Only this whole tuple (page_namespace, page_title) is a unique
>> identifier of a page (this is true for the whole MediaWiki).
>
> And note that the namespace is stored as a number.  You'll need to
> refer to a list of the namespace numbers on the specific wiki you're
> dealing with to translate it into the appropriate prefix.  There's a
> way to get the list from the API, but I don't know it offhand.

Thanks Petr and Aryeh for getting back. From the Documentation at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Page_table and
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Namespace you can get the names of
the Real and Virtual Namespeaces in includes/Defines.php and then get
what text they convert to in English using
languages/messages/MessagesEn.php.

This is fine, but where can I find information on custom namespaces i.e.
those that lie above 100.

Thanks,
O. O.