Thanks Roan.

Roan Kattouw wrote:
> Aryeh Gregor schreef:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=namespaces
>
> Note that namespaces with an ID of 100 or higher are specific to enwiki
> and may have different names or not be used at all on other wikis. To
> get an accurate list for another wiki, ask that wiki's api.php .

Your above link helped me a lot. I am only concerned about the English
Version of the Wikipedia – so I think that is all I need. I was afraid
that there might have been other values of “namespace” but the result of

SELECT page_namespace, page_title FROM wikidb.page WHERE (page_namespace
< -2 OR page_namespace >15) AND page_namespace != 100 AND page_namespace
!= 101;

confirms that there are no custom namespaces other than those listed in
your Link. So I am good here.

> As for redirects: yes, you'll want to do something like:
>
> SELECT page_namespace, page_title, rd_namespace, rd_title
> FROM page LEFT JOIN redirect ON rd_from=page_id;

Actually you simply need a JOIN here i.e. Inner Join (that would
eliminate the NULLs) something like

SELECT page_namespace, page_title, rd_namespace, rd_title FROM
wikidb.page JOIN wikidb.redirect ON rd_from=page_id;

(NOTE: I did not rebuild the Redirect Table, but I simply imported it as
it is provided in SQL format with the other Wiki Dumps.)

My problem is the following:

I cannot understand why there are more redirects in the redirect table
than there are in the pages in the Page table with the redirect flag set.

select count(*) from wikidb.redirect ;   ---  Gives 3422938

while

select count(*) from wikidb.page where page_is_redirect=1;   ---  Gives
3242340

Why should there be this difference? Are there redirects that are not
listed in the Page Table?

Also
SELECT count(*)  FROM wikidb.page JOIN wikidb.redirect ON
rd_from=page_id;  ---  Gives  3210708

Any ideas why the difference?
Thanks again,
O. O.