On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 05:16, Dmitriy Sintsov<ques...@rambler.ru> wrote:
> I wish MediaWiki had farm-friendly LocalSettings.php (loading different
> set of $wg* variables according to host name), which would not require
> symlinks (not available in Windows).

Actually, symlinks are available in Windows as the NTFS junction
feature. Here's a great little GUI utility for creating them (I don't
have the Windows command line syntax memorized):

http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm

On XP and below, you'll want to avoid deleting the symlinks you create
directly in Windows Explorer, as this will delete the target folder as
well. Unlink before deletion. On Vista and up, this is handled
correctly -- only the symlink is deleted. I've never actually run into
this myself, but it's good to give the warning.

Regards,

Leons Petrazickis
http://lpetr.org/blog/