On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Brion Vibber<br...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Why? Just put your extensions in the extensions folder where they belong.

Then what do I do if I want to commit to both phase3/ and extensions/
at once?  Or even just check both of them out at once?  Am I supposed
to maintain several repositories and update them separately?

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Ilmari Karonen<nos...@vyznev.net> wrote:
> You don't need symlinks for that, a simple "svn switch" works just fine.

Could you explain in more detail?  I don't get how that would work.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Bryan Tong
Minh<bryan.tongm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We could add a global $wgExtensionMaintenanceScripts['scriptName'] =
> 'ExtensionMaintenanceClass::doSomeMaintenance'; and add a maintenance
> script performExtensionMaintenance.php <scriptName> which calls the
> maintenance function of the extension. The file will then get
> autoloaded by the autoloader.

That would work, but it's probably not worth the burden on normal
people who have their extensions really in extensions/.