On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 2:36 AM, stevertigo <stv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, cheezy
> product with a cheezy name that nobody will want to use, wants a
> former Wikimedia board member to juice its personell roster...
>
> That's what it looks like to me, and I just read your email four minutes ago.

Well they went ahead and started adding[1] links[2] to 'demo' how much
it would help Wikipedia. Just seems like search engine results to me.
They've petitioned feedback on the Village Pump[3], which thankfully,
or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, happened before they
got the banstick[4] for violating existing policy. And as I mentioned
on VPP, it just seems like a solution in search of a problem.

1 -
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Champagne_(wine)&diff=prev&oldid=323369829
2 -
http://www.webzzle.com/explorer/webResource.kol?action=20020&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FChampagne_%28wine%29&title=Champagne%20%28wine%29%20-%20Wikipedia%2C%20the%20free%20encyclopedia/
3 -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_%28proposals%29#Improve_the_external_links_section
4 -
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&type=block&page=User%3AWebzzle