On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 6:34 PM, John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Even then, there is
>> <http://www.askvg.com/download-mozilla-firefox-30-portable-edition-no-installation-needed/>
>
> Excuse me?  please read the earlier posts in this thread.
>
> I am talking about IE for Mac Classic.
>
> iCab support?  Is Classilla a sensible replacement for people still
> using IE for Mac?  etc.

I couldn't get classzilla running on a blue and white G3 running 9.0.2
when I tried it a couple months ago.

I have a couple of these systems for driving some embedded hardware
that never got moved to anything more modern, they'd be perfectly
adequate systems for webbrowsing if you could get a workably up to
date webbrowser on them: The IE the OS ships with hard locks the
machine on apple.com of all places!  I was only bothering to attempt
this because I wanted to get a screenshot of cortado playing videos on
something very old, and I only spent an hour or so on it. (Wikipedia,
OTOH, worked fine with the IE that comes with the OS on those systems)

But seriously. Outright *excluding* these old things shouldn't even be
a consideration. Even a very small audience (like 0.02%) is tens of
thousands of readers. Mediawiki (and the WMF deployment) already has
many features which don't work / don't work well on fairly old
systems, so that bridge has already been crossed, but outright
dropping support for basic use?