Mike.lifeguard wrote:

> Is there any documentation for converting monobook-ish js to vector-ish js?

The first step is generally to try and see if it'll Just Work(TM).  Most
of my scripts[1], though originally written for Monobook, seem to work
just fine under Vector.  (There used to be some minor incompatibilities
with portlets, but these have mostly been fixed.)

The most common cause of failure that I've seen seems to be looking for
elements with IDs that are present in Monobook but not in Vector.  There
aren't that many, since the Vector skin deliberately tries to use the
same IDs as Monobook where possible, but sometimes you may have to
choose a different ID or make it conditional on the skin used.

The one thing that's really different and incompatible isn't really a
part of the skin but the new edit toolbar.  I had to rewrite my sigdash
script completely from scratch because of that.  Also, I should note
that none of my scripts really approach the complexity of things like
Twinkle or WikEd etc., and such complex scripts may well encounter
issues that I haven't really noticed.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ilmari_Karonen/scripts

--
Ilmari Karonen