Lars Aronsson wrote:
> On 08/01/2010 10:55 PM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
>> One easy hack to reduce this problem is just to only provide a few
>> options for stub threshold, as we do with thumbnail size.  Although
>> this is only useful if we cache pages with nonzero stub threshold . .
>> . why don't we do that?  Too much fragmentation due to the excessive
>> range of options?
>
> Couldn't you just tag every internal link with
> a separate class for the length of the target article,
> and then use different personal CSS to set the
> threshold? The generated page would be the same
> for all users:

That would be workable, eg. one class for articles smaller than 50
bytes, other for 100, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000,
2000, 2500, 5000, 10000 if it weren't for having to update all those
classes whenever the page changes.

It would work to add it as a separate stylesheet for stubs, though.