On 2 August 2010 13:25, Domas Mituzas <midom.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The first load of the homepage can be slow:
>> http://zerror.com/unorganized/wika/lader1.png
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>> (I need a bigger monitor, the escalator don't fit on my screen)
>
> well, no wonder that first page load is sluggish, with 12 style sheets, and
> 12 javascript files - there're plenty of low hanging fruits there.

Maybe a theme can get the individual icons that the theme use, and
combine it all in a single png file.

Updating any icon on that theme would result on updating the whole
"combine" image ( I herd ImageMagick have a tool just for that, so can
be scripted). This seems what sites like www.google.com and
www.gmail.com are doing.

I say theme, because I suppose all other images live in a wiki world
and can't be combined that way.

Maybe the idea than resource=file must die in 2011 internet :-/

ℱin del ℳensaje.