On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>[...]
> Anyway, this is all doable in principle, yes.  It will probably impose
> no significant processing overhead, CPUs are powerful enough today
> that TLS shouldn't be a big deal.  (I recall hearing that Google
> noticed no increase in CPU usage after enabling TLS by default for
> Gmail.)  But it's not necessarily trivial to set up.  My impression is
> that the ops have "get proper TLS working" somewhere fairly low on
> their priority list.

I for one only use secure.wikimedia.org; I would like to urge as a
general course that the Foundation switch to a HTTPS by default
strategy...

It was necessary for Gmail; it's a really good idea for WMF.

--
-george william herbert
george.herb...@gmail.com