> On 4 April 2012 14:45, Tim Starling <tstarl...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I think it's pretty likely that the Lua feature will be live before
> NaturalLanguageList gets looked at again. NaturalLanguageList was not
> sufficiently inspiring to get included in the roadmap.

I think that the correct question is if it was inspiring for the
community of commons wiki, which it was designed for. When someone
spends the time working on something what is useful for users of site,
it should be naturally interesting enough for wmf to spend their time
to review it (someone did a work for you, and doesn't even want any
reward for that, can you at least look on the code?)

There were many complaints from side of community that wmf comes a lot
with some stuff no one really wants or is interested in which is
deployed no matter if it gained any consensus or not (simply - wmf
overrides the community). Which is bit funny in this context when the
"wanted" software made by volunteers is ignored, because it's not
sufficiently inspiring for wmf, even if users wants it and some other
software is deployed no matter if someone wants it.

I am wondering what makes the software "inspiring enough" to be deployed.