On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Scott MacLeod <helia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wikidatans,
>
> Is there a possibility that we could also include German as a third
> language here for deployment testing?
>
> Not only are many Wikipedians on this list familiar with the German
> Wikipedia and are German speakers (for a sizable development
> community) but in beginning to develop World University and School's
> (like Wikipedia with MIT OCW) second language (WUaS is planning for
> all 3,000-8,000 languages and an universal translator -
> http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/WUaS_Universal_Translator -
> building on Google Translate +), I know German, and German open
> educational resources will be significantly sizable in a way I can
> read, and eventually aggregate.
>
> Is this already happening, in addition to Hungarian (I'm fairly new on
> this email list)?
>
> World University and School is also interested in integrating, in this
> early phase, WUaS's wiki development with Wikipedias in its deployment
> on Wikidata, if at all possible.

Pending the requests for comments on huwp we will go with them as a
first step. After that other Wikipedias will follow as lined out on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Notes/Deployment
WhichWikipedias those will be isn't decided yet. If dewp will be next
among other things heavily depends on if they want to be next ;-)  So
far I have not heard anything in that direction.

Cheers
Lydia

Community Communications for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.