On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Daniel Friesen <dan...@nadir-seen-fire.com
> wrote:

> Done in true developer style "[RFC] MediaWiki Foundation":
> https://www.mediawiki.org/**wiki/Requests_for_comment/**
> MediaWiki_Foundation<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/MediaWiki_Foundation>

Some of us chatted on this subject at the tech portion of WMF's all-staff
meetings today; while we didn't come to any firm conclusions at this time
there's definitely a lot of interest in:

* improving 3rd-party support (installer, dependencies, various features)
* getting existing people doing support and contracting more organized
* improving distro packages and packaging support
* getting big MW users/customizers to share code a bit more (real-world
example: WMF and Wikia are collaborating on the visual editor project
rather than working on separate incompatible versions)

I definitely want to keep the ideas and discussion flowing, especially from
anybody who's already doing 3rd-party support and is interested in
organizing a bit more. I've pointed people at the RFC page and hope for
more good to come!

-- brion