On 17/01/13 00:14, Chad wrote:
> Really, I think the whole thread is moot with the pending upgrade.
> Typos should always be fixed before merging (I think we all agree?),
> and the new abilities to fix these from the UI means we won't need
> to mark people as -1 to do so.

I didn't mention commit summaries in my post. My interest is in
nitpicking in general. Jeroen calls arguments over commit summaries
the /ultimate/ bikeshed, which they may or may not be; there are
plenty of other examples which may compete for that title.

Nitpicking is the minor end of the negative feedback spectrum. By
definition, it has the smallest concrete payoff when advice is
followed, in exchange for complex, context-dependent social costs. You
should think carefully before you do it.

-- Tim Starling