Max - good answers re: caching concerns.  That leaves studying if the bytes
transferred on average mobile article view increases or decreases with lazy
section loading.  If it increases, I'd say this isn't a positive direction
to go in and stop there.  If it decreases, then we should look at the
effect on total latency, number of requests required per pageview, and the
impact on backend apache utilization which I'd expect to be > 0.

Does the mobile team have specific goals that this project aims to
accomplish?  If so, we can use those as the measure against which to
compare an impact analysis.