Hi everyone,

I guess it is a little difficult for me to describe what I mean since I am
just rephrasing what I've heard from others. I am still waiting for some
more specific examples. However, I think most people are facing the kind of
 problems which Daniel has so well described in his post to the mailing
list.

Maybe this quotation will help clarify things.

Mostly I want core developers to think about MediaWiki as framework with
programming interfaces for extension developers. All the changes in those
interfaces have to be calm, with slow deprecation. A role model for that is
Python compiler.
(
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Third-party_MediaWiki_users_discussion#Features_Wish_List_22689
 )

I understand from your comments that keeping things stable and preserving
compatibiliy HAS been a priority for core developers at least since
Daniel's email. Is this really the case? If this is the case, it makes me
wonder why I hear some complaints about it. Is it maybe that documentation
is not clear on what will be stable and can be used and what should not be
used? Or is it a matter of educating extension developers how to find such
information?

On a brighter note, I heard that the LTS version 1.19 was the best thing
that happened since sliced bread :)

Mariya