On 02/13/2013 07:57 PM, Chad wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Sumana Harihareswara
> <suma...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> Maybe our rule should be: if an extension is not
>> deployed on Wikimedia sites, then we should basically allow anyone to
>> merge new code in (disallowing self-merges), unless the existing
>> maintainers object.
>

> Having a "can review all extensions" group is easy, but allowing for
> exemptions will be a pain to manage the ACLs for. For every extension
> that opts out of being reviewed by this group, we'd have to adjust its
> ACL to block the inherited permissions.

How about instead of "can review all extensions", we make it easier to
request review rights on non-WMF extensions?

You still have to ask for each extension you want, but if the
maintainer's okay with it (or not around), the burden of proof is less.

No one really needs review rights on *all* the non-deployed extensions,
only the few they work on.

Matt Flaschen