Hi,

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Quim Gil <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Many of the ideas listed there are too generic ("Write an extension"),
> improvements of existing features ("Improve Extension:CSS")

This may sound naive, but why are "improvements of existing features"
discarded? My thinking was that, if the student didn't have to start
from scratch, they would have more time to polish their work and make
it fit with our strict standards, hence making it more likely for
their work to be merged and deployed.

(Of course, the existing code needs to be good enough not to require a
complete rewrite, but that could be decided on a case-by-case basis.)

--
Guillaume Paumier