On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:36 AM, Guillaume Paumier
<gpaum...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Quim Gil <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> Many of the ideas listed there are too generic ("Write an extension"),
>> improvements of existing features ("Improve Extension:CSS")
>
> This may sound naive, but why are "improvements of existing features"
> discarded? My thinking was that, if the student didn't have to start
> from scratch, they would have more time to polish their work and make
> it fit with our strict standards, hence making it more likely for
> their work to be merged and deployed.

I have some ideas for existing features and extensions that could use
a good summer's work, and I just added one of them to the page,
despite not having any ability to personally mentor -- I assumed if
there was interest it could get picked up by someone. I hope this is
ok!

-- phoebe