On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 6:55 AM, K. Peachey <p858sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Željko Filipin <zfili...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
> >> Most of these projects seem to be extension (and PHP?) centric. Can we
> >> have more diversity?
> >

> > Browser test automation? Not an extension, not in PHP, but in Ruby[2].
>
> OPs don't want [any more] ruby on the clusters, So I wouldn't suggest that.
>
> We should be focusing on stuff that is achievable and that can easily
> be shown on benefit our users by actually getting it out there (we
> have a shocking record for this)

It's not on the cluster, we manage these in gerrit[0] and run these
completely openly on a hosted service.  https://wmf.ci.cloudbees.com/.
 This is after many long discussions with various ops folks over the past
year.

These tests consistently find regression problems[1], and this week alone
found regression issues with PageTriage and GuidedTour.  It is achieved, it
is demonstrably of benefit, it is definitely out there.

[0]https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/admin/projects/qa/browsertests
[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Browser_testing/Examples