On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Sumana Harihareswara
<suma...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Extrapolating from our experience from two-week deploy cycles and what
> bugs we find at each stage, would moving to a one-week deploy cycle
> substantially increase the number of users exposed to really bad bugs?
>
> For instance, if we're currently finding and fixing about 2 deployment
> blocker bugs per cycle after the mediawiki.org deploy but before the
> non-Wikipedias deploy, that data might imply that we should structure a
> 1-week cycle differently -- perhaps with three stages rather than two.

I don't know what the stats are, but my intuition is that it's not
generally that high.  However, the ones we find are kinda big, so it
still makes me nervous to go that route.

I've edited the page, called Greg's proposal "Alternative A", and
added "Alternative B" which provides a little bit of time for catching
issues on mw.org:

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/One_week

Rob