<quote name="Rob Lanphier" date="2013-05-06" time="12:50:18 -0700">
> I've edited the page, called Greg's proposal "Alternative A", and
> added "Alternative B" which provides a little bit of time for catching
> issues on mw.org:
>
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/One_week

Take a look at the page now, a few things you'll notice:

0) (very very) basic stats on our current cycle.

1) Each proposal now has a deployments calendar (the wikitable) showing
which day of the week there are deploys, and what happens during those
deploys.

2) There is now also a lifespan picture (sorry for the glare!) show,
well, the lifespan of each wmfXX branch on production servers along with
"development time" (ie: how many days between each wmfXX branch
creation (ie: how many days of development per branch)).

 Take aways
  Option A
   * Devel time: 7 days
   * Lifespan: 10 days
  Option B
   * Devel time: 7 days
   * Lifespan: 14 days

3) There are now Pros/Cons tables for each option that outline what you
think they outline.

4) Also, lastly, James_F kindly was the one to create the Talk: page
with a clarification question on automated tests.

That's the highlight of changes for that page so you can go look at it
again and see the interesting bits (if any) for you.

I'll reply separately with my recommendation.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |