Risker wrote:
> On 23 July 2013 15:32, Robert Rohde <raro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * Corrupted page content that appears to be caused by the unfamiliar
>> UI (e.g. <nowiki>[[Foo]]</nowiki>)
>
> Why do you think those <nowiki> tags were added by the editors?

I assume that since it's VE's job to be wysiwyg, and to insulate
the user from the low-level markup details, any time anyone
forgets they're in VE and attempts to create a link by
reflexively typing

        [[pagename]]

VE will (correctly, from its point of view) translate that to
"<nowiki>[[pagename]]</nowiki>" in the page source.

This is a likely enough mistake, and the number of times you
really want explicit double square brackets is small enough, that
it's worth thinking about (if it hasn't been already) having VE
detect and DTRT when a user types that.