Le Sat, 24 Aug 2013 00:45:05 +0200, Tyler Romeo <tylerro...@gmail.com> a écrit:
Unfortunately it's very difficult to do this. On our login forms you enter
your username and password simultaneously, which means the server can't
possibly know if the user has to be using HTTPS until they've already
submitted their password, thus defeating the purpose. That's why
$wgSecureLogin is made to *always* put logins over HTTPS, no matter what,
and then direct the user to the appropriate protocol afterwards.

An other solution is the use of one-time passwords [1] for high-security or https-unfriendly users (e.g. logging in) or actions (e.g. checkuser action). Such one-time passwords can be generated entirely on the client side (e.g. a program) or on an external device (e.g. SecurID [2]). This transfers the problem "unsecure password" to a problem "protection of the password generator" (e.g. with an offline password) and introduces the key distribution problem (e.g. the physical device).

If used on HTTP the server response must be encrypted and processed by the client with JavaScript; there exists such JavaScript cryptographic libraries [3][4] (I didn’t test them).