On 23 August 2013 18:42, Brion Vibber <bvib...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> So, some ideas:
>
> <snip>
>
> And for the "some countries block our HTTPS" issue:
> * *actually support* use of Tor etc for editing, allowing folks "in the
> know" to work around the government blocks and use the site over HTTPS

<snip>

Just for the record, anyone at administrator level or higher has IPBE built
into their tools (I believe on all projects), so they can
edit/administer/checkuser/etc using Tor.

But given that over 95% of anything that comes through an unblocked Tor
node onto English Wikipedia is either spam or vandalism, I can't support
allowing unbridled Tor editing on at least that project.

Risker/Anne