On 2013-10-27 8:04 PM, Isarra Yos wrote:
> I found this to be a good part why arial was so damn unreadable on my
> linux setup, for instance, though even with it rendering properly now
> it's still narrower than I find comfortable as well. Perhaps this is
> just because I'm used to wider, but going against what people are used
> to (and thus have effectively trained their brains upon), or
> especially what they might have specifically customised (in particular
> large or dyslexic fonts come to mind as a specific usability issue
> here), also seems like an odd move.
>
> And yes, I know it's a standard move that websites tend to make. It's
> still odd, and I can't say I like that folks are trying to take
> mediawiki/wikimedia in a similar direction, even without the question
> of whether or not the specifics are free or not.
Actually I read something related recently:
http://www.64notes.com/design/stop-helvetica-arial/

I started experimenting with browsing Wikipedia using 'Open Sans',
Verdana, sans-serif; and a less black text color (ie: lower black-white
contrast).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dantman/vector.css

... Btw, I've also been experimenting with a script that uses
history.replaceState to fix the title on redirect pages for quite some
time now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dantman/vector.js