On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Tim Starling <tstarl...@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> My concern with this kind of maintainer model is that RFC review would
> tend to be narrower -- a consensus of members of a single WMF team
> rather than a consensus of all relevant experts.

I'd also like to point out that we can still implement a maintainer system
without changing the RFC process. There's no requirement that RFC review
and maintainers be the same people. This thread is mainly a discussion
about "Architects" (or the concept thereof), and how we might want to
change the MediaWiki code review structure.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science