On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Brion Vibber <bvib...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> * It makes sense to have a handful of folks as a core review & planning
> group.
>
> * However, I would consider avoiding using the term "Architect" for its
> members as it's easily conflated with existing WMF job titles. I think job
> titles are pretty unreliable indicators at the best of times, and of course
> can be wildly inconsistent across companies.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. How do you propose that core review &
planning group be comprised? You say "a handful of folks", do you mean
that literally, or are you talking about a comprehensive maintainers
list like the one at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developers/Maintainers ? If it's a
significantly smaller subset, perhaps the current architects should
appoint some folks as lieutenants, either Linux-style or on an
as-needed basis?

> As such, I'd recommend a slightly more formal role for additional "lead
> reviewers" or "module owners" in the code review & RFC processes

Would that be the same as the "core review & planning group" you refer to above?

--
Erik Möller