Hoi,

When Commons gets the Wikidata treatment, almost everything that has to do
with meta data will gain wikidata statements on the Wikidata item that
reflects a media file (sound photo movie no matter). When items refer to
"Creators" or "Institutions" they will refer to Wikidata proper.

This will replace much if not most of how information is stored about media
files.

Pretty much almost everything will be impacted and that is what I expect to
be reflected in considerations now because the alternative is that much of
it will need to be revisited on a massive scale.
Thanks,
      GerardM