Folks, this looks really fantastic, way to go!!

I'd really love to contribute to this, as time allows, BTW.

* Data (one or more sets of data, can be geojson, topojson, tsv, csv,
layers from OSM [3], OHM [4], etc.)
<snip />
* Datasets in WikiData using an alternative data model
I'm especially interested in what could be done with Wikidata queries, and hooking those into a Wiki's metadata. I think this has tons of potential for analyzing contributions to Wikipedia in a collaborative way. A bit a la Wikimetrics but with many more options for pulling in and hooking up data of various sorts, on-wiki.

It would also be great to hook this into activity feeds for sets of users or articles, for example, so you could go back and forth between a stream of edits and aggregate data about them, or maybe even overlay a graph on a stream of edits along a timeline.

Finally, it would be nice to be able to define data transformations and visualizations in a modular way. For example, if one user has an interesting data set or Wikidata query that pulls in information on events related to a certain topic, and another user has defined a nice way of visualizing events on a timeline, a third might be able to use the first user's data with the second user's visualization defintion, or even bring in data on a different set of events, and display both sets in a single visualization, etc., etc. Mmm, just a thought...

It's a word that means "to illuminate": Limn [5].
3) It's a word that is difficult to translate.
How about "Munge"? As in, it munges data so you can view it in different ways? That's easy to translate! Rhymes with "grunge"...

Cheers,
Andrew