Rjd0060 wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:44 AM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
>> And, even though it should go without saying, Bugzilla will need to
>>remain
>> online in a read-only format indefinitely post-migration.
>
>Why would this be necessary, assming everything is properly imported to
>Phab?
>
>Will *every* detail of a BZ ticket be moved?  Comments, attachments,
>history, etc?  If so, I wouldn't see a need to keep it laying around.  Is
>there one?

I thought of quips and saved searches off-hand. There are almost certainly
other pieces of Bugzilla that may not be migrated, but still may be of
interest to users. We've had Bugzilla since 2004, it's a decade old, so
leaving it up for a while in a read-only state shouldn't be an issue.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/versus_Bugzilla looks promising.

Quim Gil wrote:
>As the description of https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T18 says, The Code
>Review migration to Phabricator is quite orthogonal to the RT and Bugzilla
>migrations, and we should start planning for it now. We need to request
>resources for the current quarter now, and in order to do this properly we
>need to have an initial plan that gives us an idea of the skills/roles
>needed and for how long.
>
>[...]
>
>When we discussed code review during the RfC there was indeed a lot of
>discussion about how to integrate Phabricator's code review process with
>the Wikimedia code review requirements. However, the only formal decision
>was to schedule tentatively a "Proof of concept of code review in
>Phabricator adapted to Wikimedia needs" for Oct-Dec 20014, and nothing has
>changed in that respect.
>
>[...]
>
>Although there is some overlap of people, most of the active contributors
>in the code review discussion are not particularly involved in the RT and
>Bugzilla migration work.

Thanks for the detailed replies. I'll take a look at some of these links.

Andre: Your questions are interesting, but I was mostly wondering whether
Phabricator as a replacement for Gerrit had been decided. We've not yet
reached the point of no return for Phabricator and code review is a pretty
important process, of course.

Quim: you seem to be saying that the idea is to plan for and allocate
resources toward demoing Phabricator as a replacement for Gerrit, as I now
understand it. Thanks for the clarification.

MZMcBride