* Zack Weinberg wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Alex Monk <kren...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It sounds like the data loss here was purely due to user error, David.
>
>Don't blame the victim.
>
>> Maybe we could allow saving things to a given subpage of their user page
>
>Users/{name}/backup/{pagetitle}/{serial number} ?  That gets rid of
>the "wipes out what was there already" problem.

I would rather expect an "autosave" feature to use some local storage
mechanisms (to keep incomplete edits confidential and to deal with e.g.
connectivity problems). Making the recovery process discoverable is a
bit difficult, but in any case, wikispace is not a good place to save
such content, even if it's done only for edit conflicts for edits that
have been submitted.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjo...@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de