Le 18/06/2015 15:32, Jon Robson a écrit :
> I also would recommend 2. We had this issue recently with some tweaks
> Kaldari made to our main menu.
>
> Given that lightning deploys happen we really should make master stable
> always.
>
> If Jenkins is barfing on this there may be other extensions out there which
> will also barf. It also makes rolling back a lot easier if things do go
> wrong.
>
> It takes a bit more time to do and seems silly but really is the right way
> to do this sort of thing. Smaller commits generally are better and I wish
> we broke down a lot of our patch sets more (due to code review being slow I
> think sometimes we tend to bundle too many things into any given patch).

Hello,

+2 on having master branches stable together.  Eventually down the road
we would have a set of (repo, commit sha1) that are known to work
together, we could send that to a git repo and deploy it continuously.

OpenStack does exactly that though it is not used for releasing. But
that gives you a stable set of repo at the tip of their branches.

https://github.com/openstack/openstack#openstack-tracking-repo

Every single commit here had all tests passing.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso