Re-reading the original email, it sounds to me like Flow is being put into
maintenance mode, not killed. It also sounds to me like the resources that
were being invested in Flow are going to be redirected to "the curation,
collaboration, and admin processes that take place on a variety of pages.
Many of these processes use complex workarounds -- templates, categories,
transclusions, and lots of instructions -- that turn blank wikitext talk
pages into structured workflows..."

As those of us who have spent a lot of time with these workflows know, they
can be a time-consuming pain. (Does anyone else remember trying to track
the discussion about the MediaViewer deployments to Commons, DEWP and ENWP
over however many dozens of separate pages, at least three wikis, and
multiple email threads?)

I think that Flow was intended to help with these situations. I guess that
where it might be fair to say that Flow has been "killed" is in the sense
that WMF seems to have decided that there are better options than Flow for
addressing some of these workflow problems. It seems to me that the end
goals are similar; the tools to achieve those goals may be different, and
that's ok.

Pine