Hi Rob,

"@Robla-WMF : Can you please clarify the first sentence "We now
MediaWiki-RfCs and RfC, which now greatly complicates being able to rename
"mediawiki-rfcs" " ... in this https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T124255 ?
"

Cheers,
Scott

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Those with a keen eye will notice that I filed T124255
> <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T124255>, which calls for renaming
> #MediaWIki-RfCs in Phab to "#ArchCom-RfC".  This would be a boring Phab
> administrivia email if it was simply that.
>
> The reason I want the rename:  ArchCom is the mechanism we hope to ensure
> we build and deploy increasingly excellent software on the Wikimedia
> production cluster in a consensus-oriented manner.  MediaWiki is at the
> center of this, but ArchCom's responsibility doesn't end with MediaWiki.
>
> T124255 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T124255> is an odd place to
> have
> a more sweeping conversation about the scope of ArchCom, but it'll do for
> now.  Feel free to comment there or on this mailing list.
>
> Thanks
> Rob

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- 415 480 4577
- http://scottmacleod.com
- Please donate to tax-exempt 501 (c) (3)
- World University and School
- via PayPal, or credit card, here -
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org
- or send checks to
- PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.