On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 5:02 AM Subramanya Sastry <ssas...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> 6. Tools to assist editors: Linter & ParserMigration
> In October 2016, at the parsing team offsite, Kunal ([[User:Legoktm
> (WMF)]])
> dusted off the stalled wikitext linting project [11] and (with the help
> from
> a bunch of people on the Parsoid, db/security/code review areas) built the
> Linter extension that surfaces wikitext errors that Parsoid knows about to
> let editors fix them.
>
> Earlier this year, we decided to use Linter in service of Tidy replacement.
> Based on our earlier testing results, we have added a set of high-priority
> linter categories that identifies specific wikitext markup patterns on wiki
> pages that need to be fixed [12].

Linter is certainly awesome and kudos to Kunal for getting that done and
pushed out. [[Special:LintErrors]] is super useful, I'm wondering if there's
a dashboard somewhere that summarizes this across all wikis? If so, I
missed it. If not, it should be pretty easy to wire something up to grab
info
from api.php on all wikis.

I think it'd help for coordinating cross-wiki efforts (bots, tools) as well
as
seeing which wikis are "done" and could be early candidates for migration.

-Chad